Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and Windows 2008?

2010-03-21 17:22:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and Windows 2008?
From: Kris Kirby <kris AT catonic DOT us>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:22:04 -0500 (CDT)
I have a few policies where we have a Windows 2008 Server client and
using multiplexing is causing Error 13s: "1: (13) file read failed". If
I select C:\, D:\, etc. and multiplex, I also receive an Error 13. If I
remove the multiplexing option, the backup proceeds normally and errors
out with Error 1. This policy is not collecting BMR information, yet the
errors are from the Snapshot client. Has anyone else experienced this?

Another question: Does ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES also backup Shadow Copy
Components?

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst