Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 x64 MSCS master/media server "upgrade" toWindows 2008 how to ?

2010-01-08 02:53:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 x64 MSCS master/media server "upgrade" toWindows 2008 how to ?
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:53:12 -0000
Michael
Under the NetBakcup 6.5 portal, there is an inplace upgrade document that is always worth a read.

What version are you on at the moment?

The 5.x to 6.5.x upgrade documentation is here http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290141.htm

I have done an inplace upgrade, but downtime is absolutely required. Your Business will need to understand this.

I allowed for approx 6 hours, but in fact it took approx 2hrs or so to fully complete.

Symantec are always at the end of the phone if you need direct help.

Simon