Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes without catalogs?

2009-08-05 14:50:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes without catalogs?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: J.Keating AT tachi-s DOT com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:46:59 -0400 (EDT)
That is what I am doing right now.

Easiest method:

Phase 1:

Open jnbSA, click catalog, go to import -> type in the tape number, repeat
for each of the tapes.

Phase 2:

Search for the phase1 images and then select all and then proceed to do
the phase 2 import (the second import option in the GUI).

I split them up to use 2 tape drives and that does not appear to work
well, it appears you need to do phase 2 single-threaded.

I have done smaller sets of tapes in the past (4-6) no issues but when
dealing with 50+ tapes that are multiplexed etc, single threaded appears
to be the way to go (for phase 2).

For phase1 you should be ok, it will just take ~2hrs per tape to read
using one drive per tape.

Justin.