Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes without catalogs?

2009-08-05 13:54:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes without catalogs?
From: J.Keating AT tachi-s DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:51:05 -0400

Hello All;

I have been recently tasked with preparing the DR at the company I'm currently with and what I have found thus far is the NBU catalogs only span back to Jan08.

And, some of the tapes I have in my possession are not listed in NB
.

Despite the lack of knowing what happened to the old catalogs or NB server, is there a preferred/good method for "importing" old tapes into NB as to recreate or "re-catalog" so to speak?

Any feedback or documents would be very helpful.

Best Regards and thanks in advance for your feedback.

John Keating