Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Clear Case Backups

2009-05-14 08:40:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Clear Case Backups
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:36:15 +0100
what version of CC ??

From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Dean
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:07 PM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Yes, the backups were EXTREMELY slow for us, presumably due to the large number of small files. I believe we ended up using some Clearcase utility to  dump the whole database out to a flat file, and then we use NBU to back that up.

This was on Redhat Linux. Previously, Clearcase was running on HPUX and the performance problem was not so bad.

I'm not sure of the details, but could probably find out more.