Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Clear Case Backups

2009-05-12 12:12:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Clear Case Backups
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:21 -0400
The only way I have ever seen to backup Clear Case is to bring it down and
backup the directory.  I do something similar where I backup a file system
that has to be syncronized with my DB2 database.  Basically, you create a
separate policy that is user-initiated, and execute that policy from a
script that brings ClearCase down, runs the backup, and brings ClearCase
back up.

My 2 cents.

"David Turner" <Dturner AT manh DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/12/2009 11:25 AM

<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Clear Case Backups

What is the best way to backup Clear Case Infrastructure?

We have 2 servers running Aix 5.1 with Oracle 10g on the db server.

We want to use Netbackup 6.5 but can’t find an agent for the clearcase db
(proprietary db).

Just looking for some insight from others.

thanks

PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.