Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Configuring additional drive for NDMP backups NBU 5.0

2009-04-08 15:15:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Configuring additional drive for NDMP backups NBU 5.0
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Todd Jackxon <netbackup.info AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:12:28 -0500
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Todd Jackxon <netbackup.info@gmail.com> wrote:

One of the locations I work with is using NBU 5.0 MP7 Windows environment.
There are 4 drives

3 - connected to the Master and 1 drive directly attached to the filer.

I want to dedicate two drives to the backing up the NAS.
1 drive is direct attached to the NAS and is configured properly and works.

The additional drive is connected to the Master Server.
I am trying to configure this drive attahced to the Master as a secondary drive for NDMP backups.

Are you trying to share the same drive between NetBackup and NDMP?  In 5.0, you can't - the drive must be 100% available for NetBackup backups or 100% NDMP.  Starting with 6.5 (I don't think it made it into 6.0 but definitely wasn't in 5.x), you can share a drive between the 2 environments.

5.0 is totally unsupported by Symantec.  It's time for an upgrade...
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org