Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring additional drive for NDMP backups NBU 5.0

2009-04-08 14:44:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring additional drive for NDMP backups NBU 5.0
From: Todd Jackxon <netbackup.info AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:41:40 -0400
Hello All,

I cannot remember the best way to go about doing this.

One of the locations I work with is using NBU 5.0 MP7 Windows environment.
There are 4 drives

3 - connected to the Master and 1 drive directly attached to the filer.

I want to dedicate two drives to the backing up the NAS.
1 drive is direct attached to the NAS and is configured properly and works.

The additional drive is connected to the Master Server.
I am trying to configure this drive attahced to the Master as a secondary drive for NDMP backups.
Trying to figure out how to use tpconfig to configure the drive unless the wizard is best.

Do I need to authenticate the Master name (administrator and "password") to use this drive
as I did the filer root name and passwd?

Can anyone suggest the best way to set this up?

Thanks
Todd