Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] backup retrieve test

2009-02-20 16:53:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] backup retrieve test
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT staples DOT com>
To: "Yusuf Gedikoglu" <Yusuf.Gedikoglu AT avea.com DOT tr>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:34:10 -0700
Here's how we did it...

We identified a critical subset of our servers for audit purposes - we don't test all servers for backup/restore audits.  I have a special backup policy that backs up a dummy file on each critical audit server.  I have a script on each audit server that restore this test file once a month or so.

If it works - life is good.

If it doesn't, it sends me a mail for correction of the problem.

Pretty straight forward.

-M