Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Change in NET_BUFFER_SZ

2009-02-17 13:46:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Change in NET_BUFFER_SZ
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Geyer, Gregory" <Gregory.Geyer AT avnet DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:33:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Geyer, Gregory wrote:

> Will this take effect w/out stopping/starting the primary bprd on the
> Master?  I'd imagine no need to start/stop anything on clients or media
> servers, but don't know about the master.  NBU 6.5.3

Increase the verbosity and check the logs, I do not recall off the top of
my head if NET_BUFFER_SZ is mentioned in the logs, but I believe it is, I
do not believe a restart of any services is necessary.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/183702.htm

They do not mention restarting services, just to test a backup/restore to
ensure they work after the changes are made.

Justin.