Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN backup status

2009-01-14 14:08:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN backup status
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:00:11 -0500
I don't really have the time to custom script anything for you but I'd
run something like this.

Capture the output of bpdbjobs -all_columns (This comes out comma
delimited)
I put this into SQL to be referenced later, but a simple scripted array
would work for this purpose.

The 21st column is the subtype - so look for subtype 2 which are user
backups
Then parse for the 22nd column which is class type - look for values of
4 which are Oracle policies
Then parse for the 4th column, which is status - look for status != 0.

You can then use the other fields:

5 - policy
6 - schedule
7 - client