Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/315028

2009-01-14 14:48:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/315028
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:36:32 -0500

Carl said:

“I am not sure how you would get it from the master.  The RMAN errors are by client, and all that the master gets is a "6" error, or something like that.

Our DBA's handle the RMAN errors on a case by case basis.  The true cause of the error is in the RMAN output many times which the master server does not see.  It just knows there was an error.”

The NetBackup RMAN policy calls a script on the local client, which logs any errors to a log file defined in that script (./logs on unix by default I think) – you would have to write code that would consolidate those logs to a central location. I agree with Carl in that all NetBackup sees back from RMAN is error 6 – there was a problem with the script.

Hapreet – I would be interested in seeing how you extracted the report you displayed:

“About this report:

 1. Extracted from rman.rc_rman_status in catdb database

 2. Scheduled to be sent daily from ctlsgbiz04.ctl.creaf.com server using catdb rman_bkp_status.sh cron job

 3. Level 0 means full backup; level 1 means incremental backup

 4. Please check Latest Backup time stamp for each database to confirm backup successfully run for each database

Can you list the rman_bkp_status.sh script?

Thanks!

David McMullin