Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.3 Windows Java GUI for the Admin Console

2009-01-01 18:29:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.3 Windows Java GUI for the Admin Console
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:12:07 -0500
> Thanks, but I need to be able to support multiple
> versions...like 6.0, 6.5, 6.5.2, and 6.5.3 as well as....

IME, all patch/MP versions are backwards compatible within that major
version (5.1, 6.0, 6.5).  It's possible, even likely, that each major
version understands the previous versions so that you could use, say, a
6.5 jdc to admin your 6.5 master and a 6.0 and a 5.x media server.
Install the 6.5.3 patch as recommended and tell us.

When in doubt, you can always install to separate directories

 c:\program files\veritas\jav51
 c:\program files\veritas\jav60
 c:\program files\veritas\jav65

Note:  it used to be that you couldn't choose the windows installation
option to change the java admin console installation path if a version
was already installed to the default (c:\program files\veritas?); you'd
have to uninstall that one first.  Since then, I install each major
version to its own directory as above.

> Legato 7.x and Backup Express 2.3x and 3.x

Can't help you with that.