Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetApp vs. SAN Media Server

2008-12-23 14:40:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetApp vs. SAN Media Server
From: "rob worman" <rob AT worman DOT org>
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:28:29 -0600
It looks to me like you're both right.  If I may paraphrase:

Ed:      "snapshots are handy for immediate user-initiated file recovery"
Curtis:  "in the described configuration, those snapshots will likely
consume lots of space"

Maybe I'm missing some subtext here but I agree with, and see no
conflict between, the above two statements.  :-)

time for the feats of strength!
rob