Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reg: LTO3

2008-11-20 22:01:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reg: LTO3
From: ramaswamy savi <hema180 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:51:44 -0800 (PST)
  Hi ALL,

            We have 2 LTO3 standlone Tape drive connected via SCSI cable in Sunfire-V890 server and same configured via Netbackup 6.0 MP5. From previous week onwards, LTO3 tape drive are capable of writing only 400GB, it's not exceeding more than 400GB. Compression enabled in policy also. Pls provide solution ASAP. We tested the same in New tape ( HP Ultrium LTO3)  also, but still its writing only 400 GB and throwing an error requesting any new media

Eailer 700 GB were able to write the data in HP LTO3 drive

No changes made in configuration file also, so pls provide solution ASAP.

 Tape drive : LTO3 Sun MicroSystem
 Tape Model : HP Ultrium LTO3/ 800GB rw
Regards,
Hemalatha.