Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems backing up ESX

2008-11-20 06:33:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems backing up ESX
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:20:29 -0000

Hi All,

Does anyone have instructions on backing up an ESX server (running version 3.5 update 1 (3.5.0,82663). I have installed the Linux client and can back the server up but this does not capture the necessary vmdk files.

I realise that I probably have to do something on the ESX side of things but have little VM experience so would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

My NetBackup environment is running v5.1MP7.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.