Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MSEO Agent Backup Error

2008-08-20 12:10:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MSEO Agent Backup Error
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:51:35 -0400
Hi Bill, thanks again for the reply. Really appreciate your help as not many
administrator doing MSEO for their environment.

I do not have access to the server now, so i cant extract the cgsb.log now.

I think there are no communication problems between all my MSEO SAN Media
Server and Security Server (Master Server). This is because during installation
of MSEO at SAN Media Servers, the installation manage to complete with the key
display to prompt user to trust it and also the security server pem record also
had an entry of the newly installed SAN Media Server, hence i do believe they
are communicating without problem.

I also did suspect there might be problems with the MSEO Policy, but what i did
was purely copy from the default policy and rename it to another name. At the
same time, i've delete rule1 and this, the default rule2 bcomes rule1 and rule3
bcome rule2 instead.

In my backup policy's keyphase, i've entered
<mseo> KeyGroup=Keys_01; KeyType=aes128; Compress=lzrw3; </mseo>

This keyphase worked for my master server (Windows) which is also the security
server as well, but it hit status 84 when i tried to do the exact same thing on
my SAN Media Server regardless of OS.