Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MSEO Agent Backup Error

2008-08-20 11:38:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MSEO Agent Backup Error
From: "Bill Roth" <william.c.roth AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:15:05 -0700
"Number data buffers" probably isn't the issue.

"Could not process the request because somthing was missing from server" and "vmtape error1":

Each media server configured with MSEO connects to one or more MSEO security servers at backup and restore time.

Check the MSEO log on whatever server you have configured as the MSEO security server for the media server with the 84 error.
- "Something missing" isn't real specific but /var/log/cgsb.log (on the MSEO Security server) may provide additional detail
- You've probably already executed cgconfig server on the failing media server and that it correctly lists one or more MSEO security servers
- You've probably already executed cgadmin add host on the MSEO security server

Assuming you don't have a communication issue between the media server and security server there may be an issue with the MSEO policy
assigned to this host. Are you using the default MSEO policy or have you created an MSEO policy specifically for this media server?

1) What are the log entires in /var/log/cgsb.log on the MSEO security server?
2) What MSEO policy are you using for this host?

Thanks, Bill