Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Slow during out of office hours

2008-08-12 16:09:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Slow during out of office hours
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Jim Horalek" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:49:15 -0500
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Jim Horalek <jimh AT federaledge DOT com> wrote:
The Advanced Disk option is now included in the Enterprise Client.

Yeah, but the original poster is running NetBackup 6.0 and this makes things a bit difference because Symantec has been known to make it difficult to buy agents/clients for older versions of the product.

For Windows, the advanced client is installed with the base client install but you need at least one license on your master server to turn it on (you have to license them all to be contractually compliant but technically 1 client license will allow them all to work).  For Unix clients, the advanced client needs to be installed and updated separately which makes them more of a pain to manage.  We're now in the habit of installing the advanced functionality on all of the Unix clients and counting licenses by hand.

   .../Ed

It includes San Media Client and Server all the off host disk options lot of other stuff.

The Enterprise Client is Tiered (1,2,3,4) roughly determined by the cpu count(or capability)  though you will need your specifc model number for your manufacture.

Jim