Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fun with EMM internals

2008-07-09 12:09:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fun with EMM internals
From: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
To: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>, "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:45:57 -0700
And I don't doubt Symantec is doing weird things with their version of
the database too.

But on the other hand, their "blank NBDB creation script" at
/usr/openv/db/bin/create_nbdb is not a binary, so there's no reason you
can't go through and look at every step they take to crush a fresh
database into their own mold.

I just don't know enough database stuff to understand everything it's
doing. =)

- John Nardello