Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fun with EMM internals

2008-07-08 18:44:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fun with EMM internals
From: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:29:33 -0700
Has anyone had the time to look around at the various binaries included
with the internal ASA database in /usr/openv/db/bin ? In particular,
I've been playing with dbunload and was wondering if there's anyone who
knows something about ASA or Sybase who could explain why it dumps what
look like a perfectly good reload.sql command file and associated files
for the tables, but then refuses to reimport them into a clean EMM
database (without erroring out.

Lots of "Primary key for table 'EMM_AllocationStatus' is not unique" and
such errors.

And yes, I know support would laugh themselves silly if I tried calling
this in.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else is out there causing trouble and had
any ideas. =)

- John Nardello
[ Obligatory CYA - No, I did NOT tell you to go play with those commands
on your production NetBackup server. ]