Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)

2008-02-25 18:11:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:52:56 +1100

Hi Justin,

Not exactly sure what you want to do but we originally had just T10K in our library and have added the "old faithful" 9940Bs. I might add some LTO3/4s later. As long as you have the drive types and tape types right you won't have any issue. You should not need partitioning unless you want to use separate masters. But then you could separate these in EMM and no partitioning needed.

All you need to do is, get drives added to 8500, make them visible in ACSLS, update vol_attr file, get netbackup to see them and that's it really. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. But first time I did it was a bit longer than that. I had issues adding the drives in ACSLS but that's because I had no idea how to.

Dominik