Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU overwriting data on Tape

2008-01-15 16:47:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU overwriting data on Tape
From: Jon Bousselot <jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:32:29 -0800
In 2007, I received about 500 tapes written by Commvault Galaxy 5.9.  I
put new barcode stickers on the cartridge, loaded them in the tape
library, inventoried them into the SCRTCH pool, and did not make any
modifications to the media manager.  It used them all without any
complaints.

Commvault writes their own tape format, which are not any of the known
formats that netbackup will detect.

I did the same thing with old AIT-1 ArcServe tapes, but did not get new
barcode labels.

-Jon