Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB with Netbackup 6.5.1

2007-12-19 15:42:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB with Netbackup 6.5.1
From: UlrichJU <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:28:12 -0800
I am running a pilot test of backing up the VMware VM's with VMWare VCB and
Netbackup 6.5.1.   I have a VCB server that is running VCB 1.1 and Netbackup
6.5.1 media server.  This interfaces with Virtual Center to see the VM's .  But
so far the only way I can get this process to work is by having a client loaded
on each VM.   I thought that I had read that a client was not required on each
VM when using VCB and Netbackup.   The only time I see it connect to the VM
client is to verify it's existence in the beginning, from there everything is
done through the VCB proxy box.  So why do I need to pay for a client on each
of my VM's?  Anyone had any experience with this?   Is a client really needed
on the VM's?