Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 10GbE performance

2007-11-11 18:25:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 10GbE performance
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:07:18 +1100

This may interest some people,

We’ve had our 10GbE card running for a while now and it seems to have settled at around 400MB/s at the start of the backup window until the jobs start to dry up towards the end. Seems to be a bottleneck with the clients at the moment as they can’t pump out enough data to keep the media server busy. Also need to setup jumbo frames on the backup interfaces of the clients but we can’t do this since we’re in a change freeze until the new year.

Regards,

Dominik