Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with network speed (NBU 6.0MP4)

2007-10-10 09:53:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with network speed (NBU 6.0MP4)
From: "Espe, Thomas" <thomas.espe AT ahus DOT no>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:32:34 +0200
Hello.

We are experiencing problems with the network speed on one of our NBU
media servers.
This is an HP-UX 11.23 server running NBU 6.0MP4.

We have tried tuning the server following the guidelines in the 'Backup
Planning
and Performance Tuning Guide' for NBU 6.0.

We have also checked the network settings on the NIC and on the switch,
to no avail.

We find this strange, as we have our NBU master/media server (Linux) on
the same switch and this server
is getting up to 9-10 times faster data transfer as the media server
does.

Has anyone run into similar problems? Any hints on how to proceed?

--
Sincerely

Thomas Espe