Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scripting Tape Expiration on Windows

2007-10-10 09:29:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scripting Tape Expiration on Windows
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: " (veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:13:33 -0400
All,
   I've been slowly working on a _vbscript_ set that will automate many of our tape import/export functions.  The piece I was working on yesterday was expiring tapes coming back in to the NBU environment (NB 6.5 on Windows 2K3).

All works well, but I want to capture any errors bpexpdate throws.  Right now, here's what I'm doing:
 Return = WshShell.Run ("CMD.EXE /C D:\Progra~1\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpexpdate.exe -d 0 -force -m "& Tape )
 sExpire.Write Tape & vbCrLf
 WScript.Sleep 60000

What I want to see is when bpexpdate throws an error, log it to file.  Right now, if I run bpexpdate on a tape in scratch, I get this:

requested media id is not assigned to this host in the EMM database

So, I've tried redirecting any output off the command line to the file, but it didn't work.  When I run the same off the command line, I can't redirect output either.

Can anyone else verify this?  Know a way around it?

Thanks,
Jason