Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Tape encryption

2007-09-05 17:46:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Tape encryption
From: tburrell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:28:13 -0700
We are running Decru appliances on LTO3, and not only are we not seeing tape
capacity reductions, but the additional stats provided by the appliances showed
us a couple of problems with our tape throughput that we were then able to take
to NBU engineering for resolution.

As stated elsewhere- key management is the big thing, but after one year of use
we hardly touch the things.  Make sure you size the number of appliances for
the number of tape drives, but if you have enough drives now I can't see where
an appliance would cause you to need more.

Find a good local VAR who really knows the things, give them an accurate
picture of your environment, and listen to their suggestions.