Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape encryption

2007-09-05 17:09:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape encryption
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 16:32:44 -0400

Looking for some information regarding tape encryption, anyone out there using it?  And if so what kind of tape degradation did you experience.  We are being asked to implement it and we are just trying to figure out what we are going to need.  Our environment is mixed with Windows and UNIX, all of our NBU servers are Windows (Master and Media) with a 20 drive LTO3 Library, over 900 clients.  About 90% of our environment is running 6.0 MP4 and soon will be rolling out 6.5 w/ MP1.  Any gotchas we need to be aware of.

Thanks

Dan

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.