Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] [ORACLE] "Net Service Name" (TNS Alias) ...

2007-06-14 00:00:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] [ORACLE] "Net Service Name" (TNS Alias) ...
From: Priatna <priatna.saputra AT sun.co DOT id>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:46:14 +0700
Hi,

listener.ora resides on server side where the service will "listen"
tnsnames.ora resides on client side

The client/server could resides on one box.

if you would like to connect to the database server you have to use the
service_name or TNS alias or SID as defined in
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

regards,
priatna.