Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups very slow

2007-04-23 08:26:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups very slow
From: Imran.a.Khan at uk.fujitsu.com (Khan Imran A)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:26:54 +0100
Hi

Can anyone help with this issue?

We have a NetApps 3020 filer connected directly (no FC switch) to two HP
LTO3 drives. The drives are in a SL500 library and the library robot is
directly connected to a windows NetBackup v6.0Mp4 master. We are using
the NDMP licence to backup the vols on the filer over the fibre to the
drives but instead of the expected 40-60mb\sec we are getting 2-3mb\sec
on both the drives.

In NetBackup we have an NDMP storage unit with NDMP host as the filer
and two NDMP drives with the nrstxa paths for both drives. I have
created a NDMP policy to backup the vols using the client as the NDMP
host (filer)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Imran Khan