Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] kernel parameters for NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on solaris 10

2007-04-16 10:57:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] kernel parameters for NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on solaris 10
From: mikekiles at yahoo.com (Mike Kiles)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
I know this is not a SUN forum, but IMHO

/etc/system was much easier to manage. SUN has made
this more complicated, tuning and services are 2 new
things in Solaris 10, that I hate. (till i learn
these)

MK
--- Asiye Yi?it <asiye.yigit at gantek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> As you know, in solaris 10, lots of parameters are
> obsoloted in system file. So, I am trying to add the
> values which are bigger that the values which
> solaris 10 has. For instance, msginfo_msgmni,
> shminfo_shmmax, shminfo_shmmni, seminfo_semmni,
> seminfo_semmsl, seminfo_semopm. As far as I read
> from the guides, I need to use projmod command to
> accomplish that. I have done this for the project of
> 'user.root'. However, I am not sure that it is
> correct or not. According my projmod command, the
> project file has been becomed as the following. Are
> there any idea? I would appreciate any help.
>
> system:0::::

user.root:1::::process.max-sem-nsems=(privileged,2048,deny);process.max-sem-ops=(privileged,2048,deny);project.max-msg-ids=(privileg

ed,256,deny);project.max-sem-ids=(privileged,2048,deny);project.max-shm-ids=(privileged,1000,deny);project.max-shm-memory=(privilege