Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Access NOM 6.0 Database

2007-04-16 10:12:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Access NOM 6.0 Database
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:12:27 -0400
All,

I'm trying to come up with a way to access the NOM 6.0 MP4 database via
query so I can setup my own reporting.  Unfortunately NOM's reporting is
pretty sad, or as the Symantec support guy said "not very deep."  I
inquired about a live way to access the SQL data, but got told by
support:

After researching your request to access the NOM database while NOM is
active, I've been advised by backline engineering that since direct
access to the NOM database is out of the scope of intended use, there
would not be any recommended method to access NOM's database.

So I'm working with the following support document:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282204.htm and thinking even if I
have to take the DB down for a few minutes to dump the data to a text
file, that's probably worth it.  Has anyone ever tried this before?

-Jonathan