Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Backup on NBU 5.1

2007-03-30 00:55:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backup on NBU 5.1
From: hullo_daniel at hotmail.com (Daniel Goh)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:55:46 +0800
Hi all,

Managed to resolve the issue.
For remote NDMP, you have to

# set_ndmp_attr -auth <NAS hostname> <username>
and also
# set_ndmp_attr -auth <media servername> username>

Then create the NDMP storage unit using the media server as the NDMP host.
Then in the NDMP policy, use the NAS hostname as the client.

You have to do -auth for both the nas and media server.
In the NDMP admin guide it only tells you to do it for the NAS box.
The NDMP admin guide should be updated.
And this happens only in NBU 5.x

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:02:39 -0700From: neil at mbari.orgTo: hullo_daniel at
hotmail.com; veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.eduSubject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP
Backup on NBU 5.1

If you -can- dedicate a drive to NDMP, it will be significantly faster than
sending the data across the network¡­

-Neil

From: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces
at mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel GohSent: Thursday, March 29,
2007 2:43 AMTo: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.eduSubject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP
Backup on NBU 5.1

Hi guys, Am having issue configuring NDMP in NBU 5.1I am trying to do a remote
NDMP.The storage unit I am trying to use is a robot on the NBU Master.I am
trying to do remote NDMP to a Netapp NAS.IS a dedicated tape drive set for NDMP
needed?Or can I also share the tape drive with other backups?I have tried to
set the tape path as NBUMaster:Tape0 and created a NDMP storage unit from
there.But everytime the backup runs, I get storage unit unavailable.
(219).Also, the tape drive goes to a down state always.Am I configuring the
tape drive in the right way for NDMP?  regardsDaniel

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE Connect now!
Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live
Toolbar Today!
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-sg