Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FYI on how to set freq to less than 1 hour

2007-03-29 15:57:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FYI on how to set freq to less than 1 hour
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:57:04 -0400
No problems in this post. I am just sharing a solution you may be looking for
in the future J Scenario: I need to run a backup every hour on the hour and the
backup lasts for about 15 minutes.  I've created the policy and schedule and
set the frequency to 1 hour. The first backup runs on the hour, but the next
schedule occurs one hour after the previous job ends and not from the original
start time.  e.g. Job starts at 9:00, ends at 9:15, next job starts at 9:15
which is NOT on the hour. See the dilemma? Well, most of you already understand
the concept of frequency creep. Obviously I needed to set a frequency that is
less than 1 hour but, NetBackup has 1 hour as the shortest frequency interval
for a schedule. My solution was to use the command
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplschedrep with the modification of *freq
1800. That set the frequency to 30 minutes (60 * 30) Funny thing is that the
schedule still shows 1 hour frequency in the GUI. But that?s OK! The frequency
of 30 minutes works great! No problems in this post. I am just sharing a
solution you may be looking for in the future J