Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FYI on how to set freq to less than 1 hour

2007-03-29 16:27:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FYI on how to set freq to less than 1 hour
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:27:02 -0400
For something that often I'd probably use cron or another scheduling
utility like Tivoli Workload Scheduler to schedule.

Actually at places where I've worked that we had the bucks for TWS
(formerly known as Maestro) we did ALL backup schedules that way.  It
got rid of schedule creep and allowed us to make cross machine
dependencies for BCV/SRDF setups.   It also allowed us to do standard
scripts for stopping apps, databases before backups or BCVs then restart
them afterwards.   Nice way to granularly control things.