Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpfis pinning CPU on Windows

2007-03-29 11:22:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpfis pinning CPU on Windows
From: austin.murphy at gmail.com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:22:30 -0400
Has anyone experienced bpfis.exe using 100% of the CPU on Windows
client systems that were recently updated with a maintenance pack?

I'm running NB5.1 MP6 across the board. The master is Solaris 9, many
clients are Windows 2003 and 2000.   The problem seems to have started
when we updated the Windows clients to MP6.

This seems to be related to the snapshot service for open files.  We
don't have this problem if we disable WOFB, but that is not desirable.

Comments? criticism? commiseration? :-)

Thanks,

Austin