Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to display or check RVSN?

2007-03-14 20:13:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to display or check RVSN?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:13:45 -0800 (PST)
> Check out vmphyinv; I've used it to inventory large numbers of unknown
> tapes.  Physically mounts and reads the tape, reporting on external and
> internal labels, plus the type of info found (NetBackup data, NetBackup
> catalog, other...).  Lots of options.  Lots.

No kidding.... wow.  I'll spend some time reading through it.

Is there a way to run it non-interactively, but where it does *not*
update the database?  The -non_interactive appears to apply no matter
what.  Until I get familiar with it, I'm not ready to trust it.

Also, I'm not certain of all the implications.

I have a tape in my robot that has (examples here) EVSN 5 and RVSN 6.
My records show I've sent tape 6 (obviously EVSN 6) offsite.  It may or
may not have valid data.  I'll have to recall it to check.

With vmphyinv, is it going to try to remap RVSN 6 to barcode 5?  I'm not
sure I want it to do that (in case the EVSN volume 6 has RVSN 6 on it,
and it contains other valid data).

Thank you for that info.  I was trawling around in netbackup/bin all
morning.  Forgot to check over on the media manager side....

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com