Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fixing tape mismatch problems?

2007-03-14 20:00:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fixing tape mismatch problems?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:00:18 -0800 (PST)
Okay, so I've found some old tapes that are mismatched.  I'm guessing
there was a period in time when a pair of tape drives were swapped,
so the wrong tape was inserted and labled.  That's just a guess, but
it hasn't happened on any tape with a recent assignment.

Anyway, I've got these odd tapes with valid data on them.  But with
the EVSN/RVSN mismatch, they're way too difficult to track.  So my
best guess is that I should duplicate the data off of them, then I
get to relabel the media.

But if I try to duplicate the image, the catalog says it's on the the
RVSN and asks to mount it.  That tape is offsite and the data really
lives on another volume with a different EVSN.

How can I force Netbackup to dup the image from this odd beast, and
mount the tape where it really lives for the source?

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com