Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Aptare and NBU reports not matching up ???

2007-03-09 18:15:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Aptare and NBU reports not matching up ???
From: pmcdougal at Calamos.com (Philip McDougal)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:15:43 -0600
Hello All,

I am having a problem with my Aptare reports not catching all the data
(or not processing the data) that is occurring in my NetBackup jobs.

I had 2 clients initially fail with a Status (14), then they retried a
2nd time and were successfully backed up.  However, when I check out the
Aptare report, it only recognizes the first attempt and therefore shows
only 0-Bytes and a Successful backup for the job.  It seems like it
doesn't recognize the information or details from the Netbackup retry.
This has happened more than once for me and support is a little stumped.

I'm wondering if anyone else has witnessed this behavior or if I'm
missing a configuration setting.  I have set the "ignore retries"
setting for the browser reports but this shows up when I turn it off and
from my custom XML reports as well.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,
Phil.

CALAMOS INVESTMENTS CANNOT ACT UPON, AND WILL NOT ACCEPT, ANY TIME-SENSITIVE
ELECTRONIC MESSAGES, SUCH AS TRANSACTION ORDERS AND FUND TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS.
ALSO, FOR YOUR PROTECTION, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, SUCH
AS ACCOUNT NUMBERS OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, THROUGH THE INTERNET.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential . If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if this
message was transmitted in error. Thank you.