Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Alternative Media Manager restore

2007-03-09 05:06:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Alternative Media Manager restore
From: david.clooney at bankofamerica.com (Clooney, David)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:06:08 +0000
Julio

You have two options,

1.      if you need the tape to come to the library then :

*       move the tape to the new library and inventory media server to
recognise new tape.
*       Add entry "FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = $oldhost $newhost"  to
the bp.conf on the media server that took the backup
*       Perform restore

2.      if you plan to leave the tape in the new library

*       move the tape to the new library and inventory media server to
recognise new tape
on master , make sure you use -id as if not all images taken by
oldserver will be moved to newserver in the catalog
*       Perform restore.

Dave