Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Serious master issue...

2007-02-14 13:35:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Serious master issue...
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:35:09 -0500
We use an RP4440 as the master.   We also have 18 media servers.   For the
Databases (4 TB in size each) we do the backup using the host on which the
database resides (or BCV to the RP4440 and do the backup from the BCV mounts)
so that all the backups are going fibre from the host to the Library rather
than backing up via the network.   For the hundreds of smaller clients we have
we do backup over the network but most of our windows clients are on a
dedicated backup network for that purpose.