Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server

2007-02-12 12:13:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server
From: juan.almeida at terra.com.br (Juan Pablo Almeida)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:13:53 -0200
Hi Hasif,

        We are currently using 2 Linux RHAS3.0u8 Media Servers Dell PE6650 Quad
Xeon 2.8 Ghz 4 GB Ram, and one Linux RHAS3.0u8 Master Server Dell PE2850 Dual
Xeon 3.2 6 GB Ram

        Previously we were using one Sun E4500 Quad /Solaris 8  Master/Media
Server. We are very satisfied with the results.

        We used the Veritas doc NBsoftwarePerformanceTuning4019.pdf to do the
planning.

        The problems we encountered:                  scsi driver aic7xxx
(Adaptec AHA-2940U/UW / AHA-39xx - HVD) panics at about 1 Gb/seg
                                                 remote ndmp is unavaliable on
NBU 5.1 / Linux, only in 6.x

Att,

Juan Almeida