Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving media from one media server to another

2007-02-08 12:45:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving media from one media server to another
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:45:59 -0800 (PST)
> All media server connected to the same master. Each media server is
> connected to its own L700 robot. We want to move scratch tapes from one
> media server to another. I have been told by Symantec support that we
> can move these tapes but we should delete them from the old media server
> before we use them in the new medias sever, something to do with that
> tape will still reside in the media db even though it is scratch and
> vault may have problem with the same tape being on 2 different media
> severs. I have a coworker who says we don't need to do this because they
> are scratch. Who is correct?

I think that since it's scratch, it will not be in the media database,
so there will be nothing to delete.  You can view for the particular
host with 'bpmedialist'.

Was the Symantec support procedure to use 'vmdelete' or something else?

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com