Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving media from one media server to another

2007-02-09 11:40:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving media from one media server to another
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:40:14 -0800 (PST)
> > > All media server connected to the same master. Each media server is
> > > connected to its own L700 robot. We want to move scratch tapes from one
> > > media server to another. I have been told by Symantec support that we

> You should delete the tapes from the scratch pool or else they'll remain
> visible in the pool without a robot type, robot host etc after the eject.
> Its a matter of house keeping if nothing else.

If you're going to permanently remove a tape from a netbackup system, I
would agree.  But the poster was only moving them from one media server
to another.  So the tapes will be in the volume database anyway.

I read the question as being about deleting it from the media database
(not shared between the media servers).  I don't think scratch tapes are
in there, so there's nothing to delete.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com