Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Catalog size compared to 5.1

2007-01-30 11:29:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Catalog size compared to 5.1
From: cmathews at cavern.uark.edu (Carl Mathews)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:29:35 -0600 (CST)
Would logs be included in the catalog backup?  I guess that could help
explain the growth in catalog size from 17GB to a conservative estimate of
500GB.  Surely growth of the catalog by 3000% would be written in RED in
the upgrade manual.  One of the biggest applications here is E-mail which
has millions and millions of files. There are also plenty of databases.
So probably an average mix of applications get a backup.  I got to believe
the estimate is inflated unless another data center has experienced so
much catalog growth in the Netbackup 6.0 conversion.

Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas