Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup MS SQL DB using Private LAN.

2007-01-29 11:59:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup MS SQL DB using Private LAN.
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:59:07 -0500
I'm doing this specifically in my SAP (Oracle) environment....client
initiated DB backups.
You need to make sure you're FW rules are configured so the session does
not timeout before th backup completes....I ran into this problem as the
FW session would close after 60 minutes, and my backups were taking a
couple of hours.

However, my master is configured to talk to the client ONLY on the
public interface.

Paul