Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.1: Backup stalls

2007-01-23 05:04:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.1: Backup stalls
From: Philip.Weber at egg.com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:04:38 -0000
Are you backing up through a firewall?  We have a similar issue where
the final acknowledgement isn't getting back from the client to the
media server, so the backup hangs at 100% complete.  Only for occasional
backups, and maybe those with more streams than others.  It isn't
clear-cut though, and the firewalls are not showing any drops.

Egg is a trading name of the Egg group of companies which includes:
Egg plc (reg no 2448340), Egg Financial Intermediation Ltd (reg no
3828289), and Egg Banking plc (reg no 2999842). Egg Banking plc and
Egg Financial Intermediation Ltd are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and are entered in the FSA
register under numbers 205621 and 309551 respectively. These
members of the Egg group are registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0HH.

This e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received
it in error, please return the message to the sender by replying to
it and then delete it from your mailbox. Internet e-mails are not
necessarily secure. The Egg group of companies do not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission
of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and
any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No
responsibility is accepted by the Egg group of companies in this
regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other
checks as it considers appropriate.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.