Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FalconStor vs. Data Domain

2006-12-15 17:39:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FalconStor vs. Data Domain
From: cheryl.king at intrado.com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:39:51 -0700
We are going to add a Disk backup solution to our environment.  We
narrowed it down to FalconStor VTL and Data Domain.   We've got the cost
down on both to be equal, except that with FalconStor we'll need some
additional Veritas Drive licenses depending on how many virtual drives
we define.  We're leaning toward FalconStor because it's easier to scale
and there's no proprietary hardware.  Data Domain we'd have to keep
adding another DD device to upgrade.

I looked through the archives of this Email list and didn't find any
negative press on FalconStor.  Are there any FalconStor VTL users that
have had a bad experience?   Anyone want to share a good experience with
them?  We're down to the wire and can't look at any other solutions so
it's just between these two.

Cheryl King
System Administrator II
AIS - OpenView System and Servers Certified
Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king at intrado.com
Intrado Inc.
www.intrado.com <file:///\\www.intrado.com>
ATTENTION:
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at
720.494.5800 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.