Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?

2006-10-10 13:49:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:49:39 -0400
It's been some time since the merger and I was wondering how things may
have changed for you either positive or negative. My experience has been
negative. For instance. I work for the "State of Michigan" and have an
extremely large environment. symantec pulled our VERITAS salesman and a
very knowledgeable NetBackup support engineer and replaced them with a
symantec side salesman and support engineer. While they are very
symantec knowledgeable, neither one knew much about NetBackup. I think
symantec does not know the complexities of the NetBackup product. It
takes a long time for the end user to even know how to begin to
understand the NetBackup environment. If there is a problem with your
network or DNS, then NetBackup will quickly pointy out the problem. This
is just 1 example. I think the support services has also degraded but I
have no metrics to support my theory. How has your experience changed?